2016 Mercedes Benz Metris Pop Top Camper Van 17' Class B Motorhome. Sleeps 4.
UPDATE - LAST CHANCE TO TAKE FEBRUARY DELIVERY! Make your offer ASAP to have this van in your garage for your spring/summer adventures. Don‘t miss this chance to get a great deal on the best small van camper out there! Next delivery window isn‘t until May or July!
Have you been waiting for the right small van to start your van life adventures in 2023?
This van is the first full De Leon Camper conversion by Ron Aastad from Keystone Coachworks of Eugene, Oregon.
Purchased as a blank cargo van in October 2016, conversion done in September 2017, we started our adventures in October 2017, making it one of the first full Metris Campers on the road! 5 years, 134,000 miles and 48 states later and it still is going strong and ready for its next adventure. It‘s now just one of hundreds of Metris Campers now on the road from many Northwest builders.
Back from our latest 12,000-mile cross-country trip in June, the van is current on all Mercedes A/B maintenance (new spark plugs and fuel valve, as well as oil change and front-end alignment) and recalls (fuel line, brake fluid reservoir), has two new rear tires at 11/32 (fronts are still at 8/32 - all tires are Michelin Defender ATX M/S), runs great (passes traffic uphill easily at 80 mph), gets 24.3 - 27.2 miles on the highway using premium gas, it has navigated mountains, flats, and all kinds of weather and parks in the garage (6‘ 5” tall)!
This has been a great van for just the two of us - you can seat a max of 5 and sleep a max of 4 but that will sacrifice some of the comforts that just one or two would have including their supplies and luggage.
Put yourself in the places from our picture gallery and see yourself on the road!
Click to see Seller VIDEO
Original Keystone equipment includes:
- Corian cabinetry with built-in Induction cooktop (available when on shore power)
- Built-in spice cabinet (Keystone Coachworks exclusive feature)
- Sink with external gray water port and container
- 5-gallon internal water tank filled from external water port
(Clean water hose, pressure attachment, and filter not included)
- 39-liter Dometic fridge
- Reimo bench seat converts to a bed, with under seat drawer
- Upper Bed and mattress
- Cassette toilet (Toilet tank bags not included)
- Movable Table (not currently attached, bracket/pole and Corian top included)
- Fire Extinguisher
- Passenger interior updates and windows added to the cargo van.
- 110W (available when on shore power) and Dual USB 3.0 (Always on) outlets for charging electronics
Updated Keystone equipment:
- SCA 152 pop top with new canvas (April 2022)
- 110W Solar Panel and AGM Battery (Original but updated in May 2019)
- Fantastic Fan (May 2019)
- Insertable side window screens (May 2019)
- Rear Cargo Cabinet doors changed to sliding doors (May 2019)
Included Owner equipment
- Weather Tech Window covers
- Keystone snap window covers
- Gray water bag and connection hose
- Fan remote
- 30Amp tail and extension cord
- Ceramic Space heater
- Full Body Pillow and bolster for lower bed comfort and insulation
- Floor carpet mat and rug
- Screen Tent
Mercedes original equipment:
- Driver Comfort Package (Cruise Control, Lumbar Support Seats, A/C)
- Driver Efficiency Package
- Premium Appearance Package
- Swiveled and Heated Driver/Passenger Seats
- Trailer Hitch
- ECO Start/Stop Package
- Becker Navigation Module
If you have any additional changes you would want to make to the van not already included but provided by Keystone Coachworks, I‘m sure Ron would be happy to accommodate you. We are happy to direct you to any additional comfort items that you may be interested in (we have tested a lot of different products over the last 5 years).
The van is located in West Des Moines, Iowa. With a van of this age and mileage, we can put you in touch with our local dealership if you want to have it inspected here at your cost (No other independent Metris mechanics here in Iowa, we are happy to arrange an appointment and take you there). Have all maintenance records to go with it as well. Once we have a deal, feel free to come here to pick it up or pay to have it shipped. If you choose to pick it up, we can certainly help with the best routes and what to see for your first adventure getting it back home.
New Metris full campers from any builder are currently over $100k and may take months to have done. Consider this a van life starter kit, ready to go and available now.
We have a clean title, you‘re responsible for your state registration and titling.
Service record summary available
We are willing to negotiate a reasonable price for both of us.
or Ask a Question